- Kraljev, M., Kindermann, B. & Flatten, T. (2022). Technology Clusters Among FinTechs: Exploring the Signaling of Technology Scope and the Role of Regulation. Accepted for presentation at the 2022 European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Timișoara.
- Kraljev, Marko; Flatten, Tessa; and Kindermann, Bastian, "FinTechs Playing in the Sandbox — The Effect of Interacting Signals on Funding" (2021). International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) 2021. [Best Paper in the Track “Blockchain, DLT, and Fintech” and first runner-up for the Best Completed Research Paper Award]
- Gerleve, C. (2020). How to Drive Social Venture Performance? An Upper Echelons Perspective on Social Entrepreneurship. At: The 2020 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (AoM), in Vancouver, Canada (held as an online conference). Awarded with Best Paper Award in Track “Entrepreneurship” and nominated for The Neman Award.
- Kettner, C. (2020). The Stage is Yours - How to Involve Customers in Multiple NPD Stages. At: 80th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, virtual.
- Bauer, K. (2019). Personal and Organizational Antecedents of Top Public Managers’ Entrepreneurial Behavior reacting to and fostering Digitalization. At: Transatlantic Sync, in Silicon Valley, CA, USA.
- Gerleve, C., Flatten, T. (2019). Does Positivity drive entrepreneurial passion for social mission? Developing a new Source of Passion. At: 2019 Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), in Wellesley, USA.
- Gerleve, C., Flatten, T. (2019). The Impact of Entrepreneurs’ Psychological Capital on Team Processes and Firm Performance. At: 2019 Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference (BCERC), Wellesley, USA.
- Gerleve, C.; Flatten, T. (2019). Developing Entrepreneurial Passion for Social Mission. At: The 2019 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (AoM), in Wellesley, USA. Awarded with Best Paper Award in Track “Entrepreneurship.”
- Gerleve, C.; Flatten, T. (2019). Entrepreneurial Passion for Social Mission: Measurement and Antecedent. At: The 2019 Annual Meeting of the European Academy of Management (EURAM), in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Kindermann, B., T.-O. Salge, and M. Barrett. 2019. Orchestrating Digital Innovation Ecosystems: Review, Reconceptualization, and Implications. Information & Organization Journal RICK Workshop; Digital Service Innovation 2019.
- Rettig, R. (2019). The influence of Absorptive Capacity on Digital Process Innovation in Manufacturing Firms. At: ICORES, in Prag, Czech Republic.
- Rettig, R. (2018). How organizational factors and the absorptive capacity of organizations influence implementation success of digital manufacturing solutions. At: EurOMA, in Budapest, Hungary.
- Schulz, J. (2018). Early Start-up Discontinuation: A Comparison of Hybrid and Pure Entrepreneurs. At: G-Forum conference, in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Hess, J., Flatten, T. (2018). Organizational Design for Strategic Flexibility: Impact of Technology, Culture and Structure under Turbulence. At: G-Forum conference, in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Mergemeier, L., Flatten, T. (2017). Personality Traits and Entrepreneurial Activity in Organizations: Does Mental Toughness Influence Individual Entrepreneurial Behavior? At: Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research Exchange (ACERE), in Melbourne, Australia.
- Moser, J. (2017). Barriers in Nascent Entrepreneurship: The Influences of Multiple Barriers on Outcome Statuses and Start-up Intention. At: The 11th Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research Exchange (ACERE) Annual Conference, in Melbourne, Australia.
- Ohlies, I., Flatten, T. (2017). Hype or Hope: The Impact of Entrepreneurial Marketing on New Venture Performance and the Moderating Role of Networking. At: 21st Annual Interdisciplinary Conference on Entrepreneurship, Innovation and SMEs (G-Forum), in Wuppertal, Germany.
- Pielen, M. (2017). Erfolgskritische Faktoren künftiger Geschäftsmodelle von urbanen, geteilten Mobilitätsdienstleistungen. At: 9. Wissenschaftsforum, in Duisburg, Germany.
- Pielen, M., Flatten, T. & Röth, T. (2017). Identifikation von erfolgskritischen Faktoren künftiger Geschäftsmodelle im Kontext urbaner, geteilter Mobilität. At: 13. Berliner Methodentreffen Qualitative Forschung, in Berlin, Germany.
- Sturm, C., Aly, M., von Schmidt, B. & Flatten, T. (2017). Entrepreneurial and UX Mindsets: Two Perspectives – One Objective. At: 19th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (Mobile HCI), ACM, in Vienna, Austria.
- Groberg, M. & Flatten, T. (2016). The effect of organizational preparedness for corporate entrepreneurship on performance: Introducing cross-cultural and environmental contingencies. At: The Strategic Management Society’s (SMS) 36th Annual Conference, in Berlin, Germany. & At: The 20th Annual Interdisciplinary Conference on Entrepreneurship and Innovation (G-Forum), in Leipzig, Germany.
- Groberg, M. & Flatten, T. (2016). Successful digital transformations: A cross-cultural study of organizational preparedness for corporate entrepreneurship as a driver of the degree of digitization. At: The 2016 INFORMS International Conference, in Waikoloa Village, Hawaii, USA.
- Groberg, M., Vetter, H.-M. & Flatten, T. (2016). A measurement instrument for digitization: Scale development and impact on new product performance. At: The 2016 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (AoM), in Anaheim, Califonia, USA.
- Moser, J. (2016). Creation or Abandonment: The Influence of Human Capital on the Venture Creation Outcome. At: The INFORMS International Conference, in Waikoloa, USA. & At: The doctoral pre-conference and the main conference at the 19th Nordic Conference on Small Business Research (NCSB), in Riga, Litvia.
- Moser, J. (2016). Antecedents of the Different Dimensions of Entrepreneurial Success – A Joint Analysis Currently under review in the double-blind peer review process of the European Management Review. At: The 39th Annual Conference of the Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (ISBE), in Paris, France.
- Moser, J. (2016). Beyond ‘All or Nothing’: Entry Into and Early Exit From Hybrid Entrepreneurship. At: the 39th Annual Conference of the Institute for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (ISBE), in Paris, France. Honored as ‘Highly Commended Paper’ by the ISBE Academic Conference Jury.
- Vetter, H.-M. & Flatten, T. (2016). Driving Digitization: The Moderated Effects of Dynamic capabilities on Digital Value Pools. At: The 12th European Conference on Management Leadership and Governance (ECMLG), in Bucharest, Romania.
- Vetter, H.-M. & Flatten, T. (2016). Routines for Disruption: How the Degree of Digitization Mediates Second-Order Dynamic capabilities. At: The 2016 Informs International Conference, in Waikoloa Village, Hawaii, USA.
- Zehren, T. (2016). Entrepreneurship and Value Creation. At: The doctoral pre-conference and the main conference at the 19th Nordic Conference on Small Business Research (NCSB), in Riga, Latvia. & At: The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) International Conference, in Waikoloa, Hawaii, USA.
- Brunst, A. & Flatten, T. (2014). Entrepreneurial Orientation and Innovation Outcomes: A Longitudinal, Contingency-Based Analysis. At: Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship Research Exchange Conference, in Sydney, Australia.
- Meuer, M. & Flatten, T. (2014). Coopetition and Innovation: How to Unleash the Innovative Potential of a Firm Through Cross-Functional Coopetition?. At: Proceedings of the American Marketing Association (AMA) Annual Winter Meeting, in Orlando, USA.
- Engelen, A., Brettel, M., Flatten, T. & Schmidt, S. (2011). Does Corporate Social Responsibility Foster Marketing Capabilities? An International Perspective. At: Proceedings of the American Marketing Association (AMA) Annual Meeting, in San Francisco, USA.
- Flatten, T., Brettel, M., Engelen, A. & Greve, G. (2009). A Measure of Absorptive Capacity: Development and Validation. At: Best Paper Proceedings of 2009 the Academy of Management (AOM) Annual Meeting, in Chicago, USA.
- Engelen, A., Heinemann, F. & Flatten, T. (2008). Antecedents and Effects of Market Orientation: The Moderating Role of the Development Stage. At: Proceedings of the Academy of Management (AOM) Annual Meeting, in Anaheim, Califonia, USA.
Search & People Search
Location & approach
The campus of TU Dortmund University is located close to interstate junction Dortmund West, where the Sauerlandlinie A 45 (Frankfurt-Dortmund) crosses the Ruhrschnellweg B 1 / A 40. The best interstate exit to take from A 45 is "Dortmund-Eichlinghofen" (closer to Campus Süd), and from B 1 / A 40 "Dortmund-Dorstfeld" (closer to Campus Nord). Signs for the university are located at both exits. Also, there is a new exit before you pass over the B 1-bridge leading into Dortmund.
To get from Campus North to Campus South by car, there is the connection via Vogelpothsweg/Baroper Straße. We recommend you leave your car on one of the parking lots at Campus North and use the H-Bahn (suspended monorail system), which conveniently connects the two campuses.
TU Dortmund University has its own train station ("Dortmund Universität"). From there, suburban trains (S-Bahn) leave for Dortmund main station ("Dortmund Hauptbahnhof") and Düsseldorf main station via the "Düsseldorf Airport Train Station" (take S-Bahn number 1, which leaves every 20 or 30 minutes). The university is easily reached from Bochum, Essen, Mülheim an der Ruhr and Duisburg.
You can also take the bus or subway train from Dortmund city to the university: From Dortmund main station, you can take any train bound for the Station "Stadtgarten", usually lines U41, U45, U 47 and U49. At "Stadtgarten" you switch trains and get on line U42 towards "Hombruch". Look out for the Station "An der Palmweide". From the bus stop just across the road, busses bound for TU Dortmund University leave every ten minutes (445, 447 and 462). Another option is to take the subway routes U41, U45, U47 and U49 from Dortmund main station to the stop "Dortmund Kampstraße". From there, take U43 or U44 to the stop "Dortmund Wittener Straße". Switch to bus line 447 and get off at "Dortmund Universität S".
The H-Bahn is one of the hallmarks of TU Dortmund University. There are two stations on Campus Nord. One ("Dortmund Universität S") is directly located at the suburban train stop, which connects the university directly with the city of Dortmund and the rest of the Ruhr Area. Also from this station, there are connections to the "Technologiepark" and (via Campus Süd) Eichlinghofen. The other station is located at the dining hall at Campus Nord and offers a direct connection to Campus Süd every five minutes.
The AirportExpress is a fast and convenient means of transport from Dortmund Airport (DTM) to Dortmund Central Station, taking you there in little more than 20 minutes. From Dortmund Central Station, you can continue to the university campus by interurban railway (S-Bahn). A larger range of international flight connections is offered at Düsseldorf Airport (DUS), which is about 60 kilometres away and can be directly reached by S-Bahn from the university station.
The facilities of TU Dortmund University are spread over two campuses, the larger Campus North and the smaller Campus South. Additionally, some areas of the university are located in the adjacent "Technologiepark".
Street navigation from and to the TU Dortmund University:
The document and the graphic represent the motorways and federal highways around the TU Dortmund University in a very simplified way:
This interactive map helps you find and navigate between facilities and buildings on campus:
Interactive campus map
This document contains a simple campus map in German and English: